Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Before and After: Maple Dresser/ Sideboard

This maple dresser started out pretty plain-jane, but sturdy. It was a steal of a deal from Craigslist but it took a while for it to "tell" me what it wanted to be.

In the end we went with a heavily distressed duck-egg paint job with distressed white hardware. (And please forgive the sloppy Photoshopped background, but I figured that was better than showing you all the crap that was surrounding this thing when I took the picture.)



I just love how the top turned out after I sanded it.

Wouldn't this look so cute in a nursery as a changing table?

Seriously, I do love these kinds of dressers. I've lost track of how many have come in and out of my garage now, but this surely won't be the last one!

2 comments:

Larinna @ iheartspandex.com said...

I love this distressed dresser!! Can you show us how you made this distressed marks on the dresser?

lauren @ West Furniture Revival said...

WOULD LOVE TO FEATURE YOUR DRESSER! love the color! Please let me know if this would be ok with you