Tuesday, June 29, 2010

No go.

First of all, thank you to everyone who weighed in with your opinions on the blog comments of the previous post, and on Facebook. The unanimous vote was to add the pleats to the shoulder, which I did.

I started with this...

...then turned it into this. But the fact of the matter is that I just don't like it.

And it's not that I don't like the pleats going all the way up, I just don't like the pleats, period. On the mannequin it looks kinda cute, but on me it's just weird. I just don't see me ever, ever wearing this.

One reason I'm even showing you the end product is because I wanted you to know that I did indeed finish it, but those pleats will be coming off. I think I'll attempt a ruffle with some different fabric. That was what I tried first, but the turquoise fabric was too stiff to ruffle nicely.

The main reason I'm showing you my big fat failure is to show that things don't always go right, and that's okay. This was definitely a learning project, and unfortunately it didn't lead to a result that pleased me. But, again, THAT'S OKAY! Now I know, and I'll try something else. Things like this happen to me often- I just don't always blog about it! :)

1 comment:

Sandi Carter said...

I can't wait to see version 2!