Monday, August 29, 2011

More Fall Decor Projects

I've got another installment of "Sarah's Fanatical Fall Craft Frenzy" here for you today! (Okay, that was corny, but I just can't help it.)

Here's another hand painted banner that was super quick and easy to make.

For a little more charm I added some tassles of ribbon, yarn, lace and string to each side of the word.

For this wreath I followed a tutorial given by Emily at Jones Design Company. Her ruffles seem fuller than mine, though. Hm. I may have to give this one another try.

Then came the fun part- embellishing! I looked through my stash of scraps and do-dads to see what I could find and had a really good time putting together 3 little rosettes using different materials.

Here's a closer look at each one. This one is made from cotton crochet trim purchased at Joann, a cotton yo-yo, a mother of pearl button and some burlap string.

Next we have a burlap base with some scrap lace and a wool felt center.

This one has a base cut from a felted wool sweater, some lace trim and a cashmere rose and burlap string in the middle.

Maybe it's not very fall-ish, but it looks kind of romantic and I like all the natural colors and textures on it.

Finally, this was an idea I'd seen on Betz White's blog a while back and finally got around to making a couple.

The doily and spider (2 pack) came from the Dollar Tree and the hoop is something I always seem to have around. I just need to pick up some black ribbon for hanging.
Cute and creepy!

2 comments:

Shelly said...

Cute! I love the spider web idea!

Anonymous said...

hello, look what I saw
copied items for sale
www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.246087938756946&type=1