Thursday, March 4, 2010

A new venture

I have an inspiring neighbor. She refinishes furniture and sells it locally. Her stuff is amazing and I'm always curious about what she's working on. I've been considering trying it myself and, knowing that I share her fondness for refinishing furniture, she recently introduced me at a consignment shop that carries her items.

That very day I visited several thrift stores and came home with a couple of candidates for makeovers.

These two darling wooden chairs and the mint colored shelf in the background will soon be unrecognizable, but hopefully in a good way!

I was so anxious to get started that I forgot to take a "before" photo of this little table, but imagine it painted in a watered-down muddy brown color. Blech.

I hope to be able to show you the "after" photos shortly, so stay tuned!

No comments: